The good news is that there is a fix! There is a free script available for download SWFpresenter.fxbin. In this article, I am going to tell you how to install and apply this script to your InDesign CS5 document so that your interactive PDF will view pristinely.
Follow these steps to solve your problem.
1) Download the script from the above link and place it on your desktop (for ease in location later).
2) Open your InDesign CS5 document.
3) Within the CS5 ID software, go to Windows-->Utilities-->Scripts.
4) Right click the User folder and select Reveal in Finder. This action will launch your browser.
5) In the browser, navigate to the desktop and select the file you downloaded, SWFpresenter.fxbin.
6) Click Open.
The script is now installed in your InDesign CS5 library for use.
To apply the script to your interactive document, follow these steps:
1) Make a folder to hold all of your SWF files for that document. I like to create this folder in the same location as the ID file itself. I name mine SWF for ease in location.
2) Go to File-->Export
3) In the options box, select the following settings and options:
- Export = all pages
- Scale = 100%
- Background = Transparent
- Interactive and Media = Include all
5) Now export your interactive pdf. Go to File-->Export-->Adobe pdf (interactive)
6) Select the following options in your dialog box:
- Pages = All
- View after exporting
This will automatically launch your interactive PDF in Acrobat for viewing. Congratulations, you are now rid of that hideous, ugly, troublesome, white box behind your PDF animation. Now every one of your animations on that document will look pristine!